This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

PDF CMYK Profile Embedded

Mar 30 at 5:16 PM
Hi, my PDF is losing the ColorSpace, is this normal? When I open in Photoshop I got a alert that the file don't have an embedded CMYK profile.

If export JPG only, the profile is embedded.

My code to save PDF: image.write(Server.MapPath("file.pdf"))

There is something else to do?

Thanks
Mar 30 at 6:47 PM
Edited Mar 30 at 9:17 PM
I read the docs again and realized that Ghostscript is needed to convert, but I cannot install it.

Magick.NET still generates the PDF without Ghostscript, so I believe in my case is not needed?

-- edit

I read a little more, I discovered that PDF files do not necessarily need an ICC Profile. When I open the PDF generated in Photoshop, the negative colors are shown, I can apply the reverse command (crtl + I) to show the correct colors, but seems wrong. I fixed this with image.CompressionMethod = CompressionMethod.Zip. I'm just not sure if the file will be correct for the graphics company when printing.

Well, probably not a problem with Magick.NET or ImageMagick, but if someone has already gone through this and can give some hint.
Apr 21 at 7:14 PM
I have the same issue but adding 'CompressionMethod.Zip' didn't help. Image is loosing profile while changing to pdf.
Coordinator
Apr 26 at 12:17 PM
Can you add a link to a PDF file that I can use to reproduce your issue? And have you tried to use 7.0.5.502? We fixed a colorspace issue in ImageMagick recently: https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick/issues/417
Apr 27 at 7:09 PM
tried recent release, it is working great..thanks