This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MagickImage.Composite method: usage of 2 CompositeOperators

Feb 5 at 8:20 PM
Edited Feb 5 at 10:45 PM
Dear Community,

I am using the latest stable (Nuget) version of Magick.NET-Q8-AnyCPU 7.0.4.400 and currently trying to port the cartoon effect of Fred's infamous ImageMagick scripts, I came across the following problem:
It seems to be a valid use of the ImageMagick API to use 2 Composite operators as follows in one Composite operation:
-compose over -compose colordodge -composite 
The Magick.NET API seems to offer the Composite operator only as a normal enum. I was rather expecting a [Flags] enum so that I could specify 2 operators as (CompositeOperator.Over | CompositeOperator.ColorDodge)
Am I missing something? To me it seems that that the result would not be the same when calling Composite twice with the two enum values.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this because this seems to be the last missing puzzle in porting the script, which would be a great addition to the 8 already existing ports on NuGet for Fred's ImageMagick scripts.
Coordinator
Feb 5 at 9:41 PM
It looks like a mistake in the script. I'll contact Fred about this. I think only the latter (colordodge) will be used in the script. It would be cool if you would be able to create a script in the same style as the other scripts and send me a pull request for it. Or at least share your script so I can add it to the repository.
Feb 5 at 10:44 PM
Edited Feb 6 at 11:56 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll definitely send you a pull request once it's completely working.
Coordinator
Feb 6 at 8:03 AM
Are you aware that you should have asked Fred to translate his script? This is stated in his license. Are you going to use it in a non-commercial environment?
Feb 6 at 11:56 AM
Ok. Sorry, I have not yet as the idea would have been to give the port to you guys so that you can make it public via your NuGet packages. Therefore it would have the same license as your other Nuget packages, which you could make non-commercial.
I edited my last post to remove the link to the prototype.
Coordinator
Feb 6 at 4:21 PM
Thanks for removing the link. You can still submit it as a pull request and I will create a NuGet package for it.