This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Difference between MagickFormat.Jpeg and MagickFormat.Jpg

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Is there any difference between the MagickFormat.Jpeg and MagickFormat.Jpg enumerator values?
Nov 5, 2015 at 11:59 AM
They have different values so they are different. Why are you asking this? If you need to check if a MagickImage is a .jpg file you should use MagickFormat.Jpeg because that is the name of the internal coder.
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM
I need to know if an image is a jpeg file so I loaded the ImageInfo and was wondering what format I should check for since they both exist. I think a better XML doc could explain the difference because currently the XML document on both is the same
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Do you have a purposal for the change that I should make to the documentation to make it clear which format is the primary and which one is the secondary?
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:45 PM
for JPEG keep the comment
Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format

for jpg Maybe similar to
internal format, use JPEG enumeration value for .jpg file type
Nov 5, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Edited Nov 5, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Thanks but I am not sure if that would be sufficient enough. I cannot do that for every format because sometimes the 'internal format' is not an internal format but a valid output format. For example the Raw format has 'R', 'G', 'B' as formats that you can use when writing the file. If you have any good suggestion on how to document this please let me know.
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:47 AM
I actually think this is a good idea. We don't need to change every single format, just modify the comments for the Jpeg format to state this is the format .jpg files will show by default, not Jpg. Useful knowledge that pops up when you're looking for it.

Happy to make the change if you want.
Nov 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM
That's actually a good idea. I will just change the comment for .jpg :)