Need some help about crashes..

Nov 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Hello,

Any idea when the library produces such files as in the screenshot below? On one of my servers the same app I use across couple of PCs, is generating hell lot of such files and I can't find out what and where crashes..

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Those files look like temporary files that are not cleaned up. Some operations create them or they get created when images don't fit in the memory. It is a bit suspicious that the file size is the always the same. Can you share one of them? They might contain confidential information so feel free to contact me trough CodePlex to e-mail me one.
Nov 20, 2014 at 9:50 AM
We are encountering the same issue. However, some of the files can reach 20Gb of size and end up filling up the drive. Any idea what this could be or how we could debug this issue?
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:52 PM
jordi_lodgify wrote:
We are encountering the same issue. However, some of the files can reach 20Gb of size and end up filling up the drive. Any idea what this could be or how we could debug this issue?
Well, i couldn't log or find why they are left out, so I couldn't help the devs locate and fix the issue..

What i did is put a timer on my app every few minutes to look for "magick-*" files in the local temp dir and clean them if any

Works like a charm since then :)
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Jordi, can you contact me through CodePlex so we can resolve this issue together? We might get a bit more information if you can enable debugging (https://magick.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Detailed%20debug%20information&referringTitle=Documentation). I will be back next week and reply to your message then if you decide to send me one.
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM
dlemstra wrote:
Jordi, can you contact me through CodePlex so we can resolve this issue together? We might get a bit more information if you can enable debugging (https://magick.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Detailed%20debug%20information&referringTitle=Documentation). I will be back next week and reply to your message then if you decide to send me one.
Sorry, I was really busy with some other project. For now we have a task that cleans all the temporary files periodically, and it works for now.
If we decide to investigate further I'll put all the information here.