This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Magick.NET-x64'

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:05 AM
i'm using windown server 2012 and add Magick.NET-x64 in class library visual 2008. I'm build gacutil.exe assembly use FTP : http://www.iis.net/learn/develop/developing-for-ftp/how-to-use-managed-code-c-to-create-an-ftp-provider-that-prevents-leeching . when upload success --> convert thumb image :
                using (MagickImage image = new MagickImage("C:\\images.eps"))
                {
                    image.Write("C:\\thumb.jpg");
                }
i'm installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2008 . Waiting for your help

Thanks a lot
Aug 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I am sorry but your message is quite confusing. What do you mean by 'when upload success --> convert thumb image :'? Which version of Magick.NET are you using, are you using the .NET 2.0 version? And I don't understand what you are trying to tell me with the gacutil.exe / FTP article.

When you receive the message 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Magick.NET-x64' it means that your application cannot find the Magick.NET assembly. Did you upload it to your server?
Aug 13, 2013 at 3:41 AM
i'm using the .NET 2.0 version. And build asembly in class library . when I call Magick.NET through library -> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Magick.NET-x64' . sorry for my english slightly worse.
Aug 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Did you install Magick.NET-x64 in the GAC on your server? I don't have experience with installing assemblies in the global assembly cache but it looks like your application cannot find Magick.NET-x64 in the GAC. Maybe you should add the following to your web.config:
<system.web>
    <compilation>
        <assemblies>
            <add assembly="Magick.NET-x64, Version=6.0.0.0" PublicKeyToken="2004825badfa91ec" />
        </assemblies>
    </compilation>
</system.web>
Aug 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Aug 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Did you do the following on your server?
gacutil.exe /if "c:\folderwithyourfiles\Magick.NET-x64.dll"
gacutil.exe /if "c:\folderwithyourfiles\YourLibrary.dll"