This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it possible to use Magick.NET with Xamarin on OS X?

Jun 5, 2016 at 9:13 AM
To check out whether it is possible, I followed one example and tried to open an image and display its height and width.

Therefore I created a simple Xamarin project on my Mac, added the sample code and used NuGet to install the Magick.NET-Q8-AnyCPU package. After I added the Magick.NET reference, I got the warning that the System.Drawing library is missing. Because System.Drawing is not available for the Mac version I fortunately found sysdrawing-coregraphics as a replacement. Now the project builds fine, but crashes on runtime with the error message 'Could not load file or assembly PresentationCore'.

Could anyone please help me with that issue? Any hint/help is welcome.

Thank you in advanced.

Matthias
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2016 at 7:12 PM
I have created a .NET Core version of Magick.NET but at the moment only the Windows platform is supported. I will add support for other platforms later this year.
Jun 6, 2016 at 7:48 AM
Hello dlemstra,

thank you very much for your response.

Can you give me more details especially about the when? Furthermore is it possible to build a Mac version by my own by just compiling Magick.NET and ImageMagick on my Mac? In other words, are there special configuration tasks necessary?

Thank you
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2016 at 9:01 PM
I am now not even sure if I will ever get Magick.NET working on OSX. I did some reading and it turns out that I will need to buy a Mac to get this working. I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

And if you want to get it working yourself you will need to get the Magick.NET.Native project compiled and linked with a static version of ImageMagick 7. This is new terrain for me so I cannot provide you with instructions on how to do that.