This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

DCM support questions !

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:56 AM
Hi !
First, It's a great library !

But I need more infos for the support of DCM files :
  • Can we retrieve/access to the DICOM Tags like 'Patient Name' or 'Study date' ?
  • I have some files with error "UnexpectedEndOfFile" but work with the software Microdicom from Siemens ! Can I send you these files ?
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:03 AM
You could share those files on something like dropbox. And if you have an anonymized file that contains a 'Patient Name' I could check if you can get those properties from the image.
Jan 14, 2016 at 2:01 PM
I sent you file in my dropbox by mail. But I can't modify properly the data in tags ...

Thanks,
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:53 PM
I got your files and I am also unable to read them. I have not yet determined the cause for this. I will get back to you when I know more.
Jan 15, 2016 at 9:40 AM
Ok.

Thanks,
Best regards,
Jan 29, 2016 at 3:20 PM
Hi !
Have you any news for me, about my two questions ?

Let me known if you need other samples ...

Best regards,
Jan 30, 2016 at 5:46 PM
The DCM file format is not one of the easiest file formats :) I haven't had/made the time to investigate this issue.
Sep 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM
Hi !
Have you make some ameliorations on this format recently (.DCM microdicom) ? (Is it necessary to re-download the new package ?)
Sep 29, 2016 at 9:49 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2016 at 10:28 PM
I did figure out what was broken but I have not yet fixed it. It has to do with your images being RLE compressed. They RLE decoded does not seem to work but I have not figured out how to fix this. Thanks for reminding me to take another look at it.

EDIT: Hooray! I figured out how to properly read the image. And I will try to include that in the next release.
Oct 7, 2016 at 4:51 PM
I just pushed my changes to ImageMagick and I can read your image perfectly now. This will be resolved in the next version of Magick.NET. If you want to get the DICOM information you should use the GetAttribute method of MagickImage. For the name of patient you should use "dcm:Patient'sName" and with "dcm:StudyDate" you can get the study date. A lot more are available in your file. You get get all their names with the AttributeNames property.