This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MagickCoderErrorException but I have ignored the warning tag

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:51 PM
using (MagickImage image = new MagickImage())
    {
        image.SetDefine(MagickFormat.Tiff, "ignore-tags", "32934");
        image.Read(sourceFilePath);;

image.Write(targetFilePath);
    }
image.Read() throws MagickCoderErrorException, and the inner exception is MagickCoderWarningException complaining about:

ImageMagick.vshost.exe: Unknown field with tag 32934 (0x80a6) encountered. `TIFFReadDirectory' @ warning/tiff.c/TIFFWarnings/880

You can clearly see in my code that I instructed the library to ignore this tag and still I get this exception. Why? Btw, when I catch the exception, and do nothing and call image.Write(my.pdf) I get a pdf generated but I don't want to be simply ignoring exceptions if I am doing something wrong.
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Can you share your input image so I can reproduce this? Feel free to contact me through CodePlex if you don't want to share your image publicly. And what is the message of the MagickCoderErrorException?
Aug 25, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Here's a temporary link to the tiff I am converting.

[removed]

Message of MagickCoderErrorException:
ImageMagick.vshost.exe: _test-img2.tif: Null count for "Tag 32934" (type 4, writecount -3, passcount 1). `_TIFFVSetField' @ error/tiff.c/TIFFErrors/552

Aside question:
Current version of Magick.net (which calls into the ImageMagick API) generates PDF version format of 1.3,- are there any plans for having newer format such as 1.7?

lk
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2015 at 11:21 AM
I can reproduce this issue. It seems the check in ImageMagick no longer works. Can you allow me to use your image in a unit test to make sure this feature will keep working?
Aug 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Certainly, thanks for addressing the issue promptly. Please update me once the feature is working again.
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2015 at 1:22 PM
I will try to publish a new release this weekend. If you follow me on twitter you will get a tweet when I publish a new release. I can also e-mail you once the release has been published (I will get your e-mail when you contact me through CodePlex).
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2015 at 1:57 PM
And to answer your other question we don't have plans to change to a newer PDF format at the moment. This will allow older software to open the PDF files that we create. It might also be interesting for you to know that the PDF file that we create does not contain text. The input images are not 'converted' to text.