raw image read performance sloooow

May 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM
I am using C# magick.net to read images from camera raw files. Specifically I am testing a 36MB Canon 5Dmark3 raw file. It is taking 10sec to read the image.
How can I make this faster?

PS: As far as I see, the dcraw.exe is taking care of debayering, but I could not set any debayer parameters like -q, or even 8bits only. All I need to have is a proxy image. So this speed is too slow for my application.
Coordinator
May 13, 2015 at 2:24 PM
You are correct that dcraw is used and I know that reading raw files can be slow. You can modify the parameters in the delegates.xml file (https://magick.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Magick.NET.Wrapper/Resources/xml/delegates.xml). You should copy all the xml files to a folder and use MagickNET.Initialize to tell Magick.NET to use those xml files. I might be able to change the default options if you can tell us which options you used and why.
May 14, 2015 at 1:42 PM
Thanks for the fast response. We already found the delegates.xml and used it to make dcraw a bit faster. But unfortunately, dcraw.exe can not make very fast reads. All you can do is to drop -q 0 to make it halfres with -h parameter. But I would like to get even quarter res in some situations, since these files will only be proxies. But no luck with dcraw I guess. I think that, I should look for another raw reading tool.