This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Reading shape/path points from psd file

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:42 PM
Hi there,

I have created a Photoshop file and I am successfully reading layers. The final thing I need to figure out is how to read individual points from a shape layer. In my case this shape is a transformed rectangle which I want to use to transform and draw a custom image.

I have tried to get this information from the 8BimProfile, unfortunately without any success.

Any ideas how to do this?

Kind regards
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2015 at 4:37 PM
ImageMagick / Magick.NET knows nothing about 'shapes'. It can create images of the frames but knows nothing about individual points. This information is probably hidden in the metadata. I might be able to help you find it if you share a link to your image. But you will have to figure out how to interpret it yourself.

You could also add a clip mask to your layer, but I am not sure if ImageMagick reads clip mask for individual layers.
Mar 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM
That would be very awesome. Please find (a rather high res) psd of a laptop with a shape over it's screen at this link

I guess there should be a 4 point shape hidden somewhere...

Thanks for the willingness to help :)
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2015 at 5:39 AM
Your link requires me to login. Can you make it public?
Mar 13, 2015 at 7:08 AM
Sorry :(
public link
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Hij werkt nog steeds niet. It still requires me to login.
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:27 AM
Should work now...
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2015 at 12:51 PM
Your link works. I will take a look at it when I am home from work.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM
I am unable to find those 'shapes' in your PSD. If you have PhotoShop you could add a ClipPath in the second layer (the one with the laptop and the logo) and use Magick.NET to .Clip() the image and place your image inside the screen of the laptop.