This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to define floating point format

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM
In the image format listing on the ImageMagick website, the format GRAY says to use single precision floating point format use -define quantum:format=floating-point

And in the Magick++ library Image contains a constructor where you can specify StorageType

How is this done with Magick.net? Or do I have to cast them to UInt16 and then to a byte[]
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Or do I have to cast them to UInt16 and then to a byte[]
Can you specify them? Where are you trying to load your image from?
Aug 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM
I have files of data that are either 512x512, 800x800 or 1024x1024 of float values that I'd like to convert to an image format. Using magic++ one of the constructors allows you to specify the storage type as well as geometry. I would like to read the file pass the byte array, data type (storage type) and image size into the constuctor so I could save it as an image.
Pixel storage type (CharPixel, ShortPixel, IntegerPixel, FloatPixel, or DoublePixel)
P.s Thank you for all your effort in making this
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I will add an extra class that can be used to specify the mapping (RGB/ARGB/etc...), the width/height and the pixel storage type. And by adding this to the MagickReadSetting you are still allowed to use one of the byte[]/stream/filename constructor. Can you share one of your images so I can use it for testing?
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.